THE LAW OFFICE OF SUSAN H. SOTO is seeking an Administrative Assistant. (Job Description is below) Interested parties should contact:
The successful Administrative Assistant: is efficient, has excellent communication skills, and is able to perform various administrative and clerical tasks. The ability to multi-task while maintaining both accuracy and a complex schedule is essential for this position. The Assistant should be resourceful, able to solve problems, neat, punctual and organized. Assuring consistent completion of workload in a timely manner is a key to success in this position. The Assistant undertakes a variety of activities in the office ranging from filing and taking phone calls to basic drafting of correspondence and other documents. This is a 30- to 40-hour position, paid via an hourly wage rate that is commensurate with experience and performance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Prioritize duties and manage competing priorities in a confidential and professional manner to ensure that deadlines are met
• Maintain files and records so they remain current and easily accessible
• Maintain phone/activity log to document work done on client files
• Track time in cloud-based billing program
• Schedule meetings, administrative hearings, phone consultations for attorney
• Field calls in attorney’s absence and make outgoing calls as needed
• Communicate with clients, opposing counsel, and other individuals to answer questions, provide information, etc.
• Take and deliver messages
• Generate, format or edit documents, memoranda, emails and reports when appropriate
• Assist in office management
• Monitor stock of office supplies and report when there are shortages
• Other duties as assigned
• GED or high school diploma
• An understanding of office equipment such as copier, printer, scanner, and computer
• Proficient computer skills with experience using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and web applications
• Reading comprehension
• Orientation to customer service
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Warm and professional phone etiquette
• Good organizational and multi-tasking skills
• Consistent active listening: gives full attention to what others say, takes time to understand points being made, asks questions as appropriate, refrains from interrupting at inappropriate times
• Ability to:
• Maintain confidentiality
• Follow policy, procedure, direction and directives
• Plan, organize and implement routine and special projects
• Use cloud-based applications to send faxes, file or serve case documents, etc.
• Work efficiently with minimal supervision
• Produce accurate work
• Accept the responsibility of self-starting
• Solve problems through inquiry, research or other methods
• Attend to workload and minimize distractions
• Dress modestly and professionally as appropriate in a semi-casual office environment
• Arrive at work on time and maintain good work attendance
• Maintain a neat and organized work station/area
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS:
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties, if requested.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The position exposes the Administrative Assistant to physical hazards from sitting, standing, stretching, bending, lifting objects weighing less than 25 lbs. above the shoulders, below the knees or at arm’s length less than 25 times per day, and public contact. The employee most often works in an office environment with moderate noise level distractions and light to moderate physical activity. The temperature and lighting are appropriate for the ordinary business setting.
MENTAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this position, the Administrative Assistant will be regularly required to use written and oral communication skills, read and interpret information and documents, analyze and solve problems, use basic math and math reasoning, observe and interpret situations, learn and apply new information or skills, and interact with co-workers, other members of the legal community, and the public.
The Administrative Assistant reports directly to Susan Soto. This Job Description is not an exhaustive list of all functions that the employee may be required to perform. The Law Office of Susan H. Soto reserves the right to revise this Job Description at any time and employs Assistant at-will. The Law Office of Susan H. Soto is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Sabo Accounting & Tax Service is seeking out both a Business Development Specialist and a Staff Associate. (See Job Descriptions below.) Interested Parties should respond to:
Dawn Sabo, CPA
2323 S. Shepherd, Ste. 970
Houston, TX 77019
(713) 337-4111 - office
(713) 337-4115 - fax
External Job Links
- City of Houston Career Opportunities
- Harris County Career Opportunities
- Houston Independent School District (HISD) Career Opportunities
- SER - Jobs for Progress
- Texas Workforce Solutions - Houston/Galveston Area
We, at the Greater Northside Chamber of Commerce, are always eager to assist in finding employment opportunities for our Members and our Community as a whole! We will be happy to post on this page most any opportunity that we are made aware of. If you are an employer that is currently seeking out employees, please feel free to share any postings with us.
To submit a job opportunity posting(s), please complete the following steps:
Go to the Home Page of this website and place your cursor over (Do not click) the tab on the right hand side in the slideshow that is labeled "Employment Opportunities",
Within seconds a banner will appear on the left hand side of the screen with a button labeled "Submit Job Opportunities", click on that button,
You will then be directed to the "Contact Form" screen in which you can then enter and submit your information.